Minnesota Cup 2018
Time & Location
About The Event
As the feature event of the November MN Monthly,
The 2018 Minnesota Cup!!!
What: Team-Based Foosball Tournament played on T3000 Tornadoes
When: Saturday November 3rd
Jimmy's Pro Billiards
4040 Central Ave NE Columbia Heights
Qualifying Round: 2:00 - 5:30pm
Semi-Final/Final Round: ~7pm start
$15 per player;
$10 reduced entry for (1) beginners and (2) players on an exclusively regional team (TD's judgment is final).
-Teams consist of 4-5 players.
- Rotation Rule: No player can play their second event until their teammates have all played their first (or third until their teammates have played their second, etc).
- Regional/Scene-based teams are encouraged but not required (see above).
- No more than 2 pro's per team. (Pro status at TD Discretion)
- Pre-registration encouraged, but not required.
- Event will be capped at 8 teams so, pre-register!
- For non-MN residents to participate, they must have played in at least two MN-local events since the last MN Cup. Maximum of 2 non-MN players per team.
-100% Payout plus $150 kick-in;
70% First; 30% 2nd. (If 7 or more teams money back for third).
Medals and T-shirts for all finalists.
Champions possess the illustrious traveling 'Minnesota Cup' for the next year.
This is contingent on number of teams; all teams can expect to be playing throughout the Qualifying Round (2-5:30 pm); at which point we will narrow it down to 2-4 teams (by number of event wins across matches).
7-8 Teams - Each team faces 3-4 others in shortened matches
5-6 Teams - Each team faces 3-4 others in multiple 2/3 matches.
3-4 Teams - Round Robin
Qualifying Round will involve the following formats:
- Singles Triathlon (GW, FSO, Singles)
- Doubles Triathlon (ITSF, Lott's Revenge, ITSF Speedball)
- Doubles - Team Rondo
To Register, just contact Skip by phone, in person, on this forum, or on Facebook with the names of your 4-5 players. A captain can reserve a spot when they have at least 3 players on board.