GO FOR THE GOLD RESULTS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TIMPORAL

USA
1932 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2010 :  16:36:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well it was quite a night of foosball. And to be honest with you I'm glad its over. It took a lot of preparation to make it happen, but I couldn't have done it without the support of the many people who helped make it happen. Some of these people were not present but played a part in it regardless. People like Paul who donated the software to run the tourney, and Moose for hooking me up with the adapters to run 2 monitors, Deb, Brandon, Doug, Dave, Matt for donating trophies. My girlfriend Kim and daughter Amanda for helping set-up. Tom for donating something nice for the prize pool. Matt the manager at PRIMETIME for letting me run tourneys and donating some prizes, and the fine staff at the bar who helped in many ways. Tom the vendor at Primetime who let us use the lights for the extra tables. All of the people who helped move tables to the bar. Dan, Danno, Jake etc for helping move a lot of things and running the under 21 event while I was setting up. Wayne for spending 5 hours helping me build 3 tables that were completely disassembled Friday night. Cory and Steve doing the coin slots and leveling the tables etc. Jesse and Amanda for doing all that they do to keep things running smoothly, they work all these events well and I would be lost without them. Whales, Gene and Larry for making sure I wasn't thirsty. Brazil for bringing me a cookie and mooning me. I could go on here and I'm sorry if I missed thanking you for something but its not me who should be thanked but the afore mentioned people and the players who come on Tuesdays and keep this venue alive who actually make this event a Great time for everyone! And I will continue to do these tourneys as long as I can because I believe that this sport and the people who play in the area are among the finest anywhere, and we should all be proud to do our part to support Foosball. Nuff said.

The Under 21 event turned out great with seven players they were...
Amanda
Bear
Jackson
Jasmyn
Jacob
Joe
Jason
Thats a lot of J's in the foosball future.
1st Place Jason
2nd Place Joe
3rd Place Amanda
Thanks for coming to the under 21 event. Many of you parents should keep this in mind for next year, its a great fun activity for young players!

Beginner/Amatuer BYP/DYP
I was going to play with Bill H in this event but due to back problems (I hope your doin better) I ended up with Kipp. Kipp you played great your pull kick was working good. The results speak for themselves an even split of BYPers and DYPers. 32 players in this event and they were...
Scott B
Myles
Dan H
Jake
Kipp
Luke
Whales
Jeff U
Einer
Danno
Joe H
Aaron
Larry
Jodie
Cliff
Duane
Diederich
Jackson
Tom W
Ben
Rich
Josh
Tanner
Jeff T
Jesse
Frank
Potts
Brian J
Scott S
Tim
Dan J
Ed
Total Prize money 320.00
1st Luke and Whales BYP
2nd Potts and Jansen BYP
3rd Scott S and Rich DYP
4th Frank and Ed DYP
5th + 6th Jeff T and Jesse BYP and Tim and Kipp DYP
This is why the BYP/DYP format works so well, It almost always splits evenly and gives more people a chance to play in the event they like the best and still have a chance to win when there are better players then themselves. Congrats to Jodie Highest placing woman in the BYP/DYP and Kipp Highest placing Beginner in the BYP/DYP!

Super DYP
I was hoping for a larger field for this one and some familiar faces were not present, but I hope you can make it next year guys you missed a fun event. Jeff T you left before you got your trophy I will have it at Primetime on Tuesday. Scott C and CJ you left before drawing your Pot O Gold prize let me know if you would like one. Dan J and Jeff U we drew a prize for you since I'm sure I will see you soon I will have them at Primetime on Tuesday. 54 players in this event and they were...
Jeff U
Dan J
Danno
Joe
Gene
Keith
Dave G
John W
CJ
Scott C
Thorpe
Matt G
Cory W
L-Bob
Deb
Krinkie
Steve D
Tim
Larry
Jodie
Tom E
Dan H
Brazil
Jake
Wayne
Kipp
Riner
Aaron
Dick
Bombo
Scott B
Myles
Nikki
Dillon
Matt H
Frank
Brad A
Phil N
Goot
Ron G
Whales
Luke
Scott S
Rich
Potts
Brian
Nate
Cliff
Tom D
Rick B
Tom W
Jesse R
Jeff T
Dennis
Total Prize Money 1,100 cash and hundreds in coins and prizes!
1st Dillon and Whales
2nd Jeff T and Thorpe
3rd Tom E and Jake
4th Scott B and Gene
5th + 6th John W and Luke and Nate and Rich
Nice playin Old School but 2 goalies don't make a good team. Congratulations to all you winners, I saw some good matches when I had the time.
I saw a lot of new faces (prolly won't remember the names) but I hope you all had a great time and got a glimpse of the fun we have every Tuesday. Maybe some of you will return and join our foosin group everyone is welcome. Thanks to all of you who said thanks to me, and I hope I spread it out to the people who help set-up tear down and run this event and to the players who come out every Tuesday and support this venue and keep it alive and growing.
I hope everyone got home safe and sound and you all have a happy St. Patricks Day (Mortimer's is having a St. Patricks Tourney on Wednesday I wonder what Wayne has in store for it?)
Thanks for coming everyone
Tim Hansen

TIMPORAL
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Minnesota Foosball © 2000-02 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000