PRIMETIME Halloween Open Saturday Results
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TIMPORAL

USA
1932 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2010 :  22:36:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There was a chill in the air that day. A slight breeze was shuffling the leaves in the streets. A stillness unlike the normal everyday sounds permiated the land. The evil ones were coming. There was no mistake about that. The omens hung around like spider webs on the wall showing the bat sillhouetted by the moon in its haunted flight. The players all walking or crawling like Zombies searching for their souls to the Halls of eternal foosball (PRIMETIME) chanting over and over like the chorus of the dead TOURNEY TOURNEY TOURNEY... They came one by one and in pairs to the frightful event that was to change the way they viewed life or death!
Or in other words we had a great turnout and lots of fun and competition for the first dare I say annual Halloween Open at PRIMETIME! First I want to tell you who the ghouls were who attended. And they were...
BEGINNER DYP
Ryan F
Ben T
Chris P
Austin
Carlos
Eric
Ben T
Skip
John J
Chuck
Cindy
Total prize money $80.00
1st John and Ben T
2nd Eric and Austin
3rd Skip and Chris
Nice playing to all of you. I hope you had fun. And enjoy the special Mystery Prizes you received.

On to the No-Pro event. 48 players and they were...
Adam S, and Valeri J.
T-Ray and Larry
Scott and Sherry
Jake and Dan
Danno and Joe
Topher and Chris
Melissa and Dick
Seth and Keith
Tim and Wayne
Archie and Myles
Adam P and Whales
Dan B and Zahn
Krinkie and Deb
Einer and Chad D
Nate O and Thorpe
L-Bob and Cory
Potts and John W
James and Stu
Brazil and Luke
Kris K and Chuck
Ben and Eric
Carlos and Austin
Ryan and Jim
John and Scott S
Total Prize money $875.00
1st James and Stu
2nd Potts and John W
3rd Adam and Whales
4th Luke and Brazil
5th/6th Larry and T-Ray, Seth and Keith
7th/8th Jeff and Nate, Archie and Myles
Wayne it wasn't our day. We fought hard but the competition was tough. Congrats to all of the winners, I saw some good matches!
And now on to the Open event. Mostly the same players in the No-Pro but some team changes. 50 players and they were...
Whales and Scott L
Wayne and L-Bob
Dick and Melissa
Cory and Cooper
Nate O and Thorpe
Dan and Jake
Luke and Zahn
Brazil and Dillon
Adam and Topher
Seth and Neil
Adam and Valeri
James and Stu
Scott B and Matt S
Myles and Archie
Keith and Chuck
Danno and Joe
Goot an Bombo
Chad and Jamie
Ray and Potts
Larry and T-Ray
Dave and John
Krinkie and Deb
Scott S and Sherri
Nate W and Tim
John and Chris
Total Prize Money 970.00
1st Brazil and Dillon
2nd Tim and Nate W
3rd Deb and Krinkie
4th Ray and Potts
5th/6th Myles and Archie, Adam and Topher
7th/8th Nate O and Thorpe, Dave and John
Special Costume Prize goes to the Prom Queen! You or Scott can collect next time I see you.
Incredible playing Nate! You taught me so much in the 2 times we played together this month and I appreciate it! I have never had a partner tell me what shots to shoot without saying a word like you did. This opens a whole new world of how to play to me and hopefully I can become a better player for it. I am sorry for the time constraints placed on me due to the job I perform which ultimately lessened my ability to play well in the finals. And I feel responsible for your lack of confidence in me which led to your deciding to forfeit the finals match. And for the record I don't want people to think it was your fault, because I knew it was clearly mine. I hope we can expand on our team effort again sometime in the future. Nuff said.
Congatulations to all the winners in the open. Some great playing by all of the players in the tourney. A few sidenotes: Skip you won 5 bucks ask me for it next time you see me. Someone left a grey sweatshirt Friday night it was turned over to the lost and found at PRIMETIME. Also someone left a small bag of Halloween candy I'm eating it now. :) Also I apologize for some of the table issues and I will address them in the future. The lighting and loud music is out of my control. No one was turned away from entering an event based on rank I left that up to them to decide what they could play in.
Also if you didn't get a t-shirt and want one , a special one time second screening of shirts will take place soon. Contact me right away if you want one.
And now for the thank you!
Wayne my friend and partner thanks for all your help moving tables, assembling tables and a large list of other things too numerous to mention.
Amanda and Jesse Thank you for being the organizational brains that make sure the tourney runs smoothly. I have a special reward for both of you. You did a fantastic job!
Jim and Ryan who helped assemble and move tables etc.
Deb, Dave, Sharkey, Brandon, Ringo for donating trophies for recycling.
The bar and waitress staff at PRIMETIME for their part in holding events and weekly tourneys and aiding with our sport!
Thank you for making special guest appearances Brad, Tom, Heather and Newt or is it Knute? for coming out of retirement to see us all! (I have a picture of you playing Newt you still have that foosball NUANCE that Mohs never had LOL.
Thanks to Shaun Cooper for publishing the flyer and running the website.
Thanks to Tom Suggs for letting us move the pool tables and other things.
A big thank you to all of you who thanked me for my efforts in keeping Foosball alive.
And a gigantic thank you to all of the players at the weekly tourneys and the larger events who give so much back to the sport by doing the one thing that supports this game more than anything else by just SHOWING UP!
And thanks to anyone I left out!
I had a great time and will remember this tourney forever (I tied my all time largest money win in my entire foosball career ($100) LOL
I plan on at this point to hold this event next year. I hope to see you there.
Tim Hansen

TIMPORAL

superfoozer

Brazil
1668 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2010 :  06:35:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim, you are a classy guy, no matter what Luke says about you! haha
All of us are lucky to know you and have you running tournies.

The next time you have nothing to do, try the yellow gorilla, it's FUN!!!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Minnesota Foosball © 2000-02 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000